“I’m very proud of the fact that through the conservation efforts here in the state of Arkansas. We have the most successful reintroduction of a large carnivore. I think back several decades before this program started there were roughly only 50 bears that they could identify here in the state. And now the population is well north of 5,000. So, a very successful conservation program and a really neat thing to get to be part of. Hold[ing] baby bear cubs is a pretty exciting thing to do.” — Governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders
In Episode 354 of District of Conservation, Gabriella exclusively sits down with Arkansas Governor Sarah Huckabee Sanders. Topics include the Governor experiencing her first bear den study, her newly-unveiled Natural State Initiative, and other measures she’s signing into law that boost outdoor recreation and access. Tune in to learn more.
EP 363: Clearing the Air on Sackett vs EPA ft. Jonathan Wood – District of Conservation
- EP 363: Clearing the Air on Sackett vs EPA ft. Jonathan Wood
- EP 362: Bipartisan America's Outdoor Recreation Act
- EP 361: SC Sunday Hunting Ban Lifted, ND Fishing Tourney, NV Wants Mustang as Official State Animal
- EP 360: USFS Wants to Permanently Close 226K Acres to Recreational Shooting
- EP 359: Florida Right to Hunt & Fish Amendment Clears Legislature, Heads to 2024 Ballot
Follow the Governor on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube
Help Arkansas Storm Recovery Efforts
Arkansas Game & Fish Commission Bear Den Studies
- Gabriella Hoffman
- Gabriella Hoffman is a Media Strategist and Award-Winning Outdoor Writer.
- She hosts the “District of Conservation” podcast and CFACT’s original YouTube series “Conservation Nation.”
- Learn more about her work at http://www.gabriellahoffman.com
You must be logged in to post a comment.