“Instead of “going public,” you could say we’re “going purpose.” Instead of extracting value from nature and transforming it into wealth for investors, we’ll use the wealth Patagonia creates to protect the source of all wealth.” — Patagonia CEO Yvon Chouinard
In Episode 301 of District of Conservation, Gabriella has three updates: the rescinding of the USDA APHIS wild game bird import rule, credit card companies creating merchant category codes (MCCs) for gun purchases, and Patagonia making Earth its primary shareholder. Tune in!
Listen on Apple Podcasts
EP 304: Monica Medina, Wife of WH Chief of Staff Ron Klain, Appointed Special Envoy for Biodiversity & Water Resources – District of Conservation
- EP 304: Monica Medina, Wife of WH Chief of Staff Ron Klain, Appointed Special Envoy for Biodiversity & Water Resources
- EP 303: Groups Oppose Lead Ammo and Tackle Ban on Public Lands
- EP 302: Sue Tidwell, Author of "Cries of the Savanna"
- EP 301: USDA Import Rule Update, Merchant Category Codes for Guns, Patagonia Virtue Signals Again
- EP 300: United Kingdom Rescinds 2019 Fracking Ban
- Gabriella Hoffman
- Gabriella Hoffman is a Media Strategist and Award-Winning Outdoor Writer.
- She hosts the “District of Conservation” podcast and CFACT’s original YouTube series “Conservation Nation.” Learn more about her work at http://www.gabriellahoffman.com
The post Patagonia reimagines capitalism by making Earth sole shareholder appeared first on CFACT.
September 19, 2022